Tuesday, June 26, 2012

When Pressed for Time - Left Overs!

So the last few weeks have been a bit crazy and we are still trying to establish a summer routine.  The boys were so exhausted yesterday that they fell asleep on the way home from a playdate and didn't eat lunch until four o'clock!  This insane development derailed my Muffin Tin Monday pledge.  So here is a day late post with an even older lunch!  The following lunch just shows that left overs get a big facelift when stuck in a muffin tin!  This lunch is classic luncheon fair- city chicken, mostaccioli, salad, veggies, and even a piece of pie.  The only item not sampled was the potatoes.  I may be the only Mommy here in the states whose kids refuse to eat potatoes.  I have no idea where the aversion stems from.  I keep serving them although I am thankful that my boys aren't big on things like french fries.

I can't wait for next weeks Patriotic lunch theme!  (I was always fortunate growing up that both the U.S. and Australia had similar flag colors.  My boys would just need to add a little green for their Italian heritage from their Daddy to be totally equitable.)   I'm not sure what I am going to do theme wise but I have a feeling that I can employ blueberries and strawberries some how.

I am also slowing adding to my collection of items for muffin tin meals.  My new find that gets the boys totally engaged in eating? Tooth picks!  It is the little things in life isn't it? Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment