Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Worth Posting Since I Found Even My Dreams Were Disrupted by Current Uproar


Dear Christianity (that includes you Christian right),

Let's just take some time to focus and remember that Jesus' primary message was one of unconditional love.  He didn't have any asterisks in his message.  He didn't exclude anyone based on their sexuality for example. Jesus made a point of including everyone.  Aren't there enough parables and references to this powerful all encompassing love?
 
          Jesus seemed to focus most of his negative energy on his religion's hypocritical leaders.  I think there are a few stories in the Bible about Jesus getting frustrated with priests that are rule driven to the point of not being helpful.  I don't know maybe he told a tale or two about getting angry in the temple. The story of the Good Samaritan might be a good story to reflect on as well.

How about we turn some of our focus and attention on some truly Christian individuals and companies?  You know companies that show unconditional love for all of their brothers and sisters, not just the straight ones.

Personally I'd feel more comfortable knowing my children were
 growing up in a world without those ugly asterisks.  As a parent, I'd like to pave a way for my little ones within a church that was truly teaching how to love.  Unconditional Love is just that- unconditional.

Sincerely,
A Parent
          "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment